Chocolate Chip Banana Bread - BEST Moist and Sweet Bread!


Chocolate chip banana bread is moist, sweet, and easy to make. This is my favorite bread recipe and I make it all the time. Very ripe bananas will work best in the recipe!

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe

I have to admit, I get a little excited when I see my bananas start to get those pretty little black spots on the peel. That means the bananas are getting extremely ripe, which is exactly what I need for my incredible chocolate chip banana bread recipe.

I’ve been perfecting this moist and delicious banana bread with chocolate chips recipe for about a year, and I can tell you that this recipe is beyond perfect.

If you follow my instructions and use very ripe bananas, you really just can’t go wrong with this recipe.

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe

My chocolate chip banana bread is so dense and moist on the inside, and the top bakes-up perfectly golden on top. Be sure to save a few of your mini chocolate chips to sprinkle all over the top of the bread, as this will give it a very pretty finish on top.

I’ve also found that sprinkling some granulated sugar on top with the chocolate chips gives the top a nice, extra-sweet flavor and texture.

Oh, and before I forget, if you love quick and scrumptious bread recipes don’t miss my blueberry zucchini bread and this amazing cream cheese filled pumpkin bread.

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe

Best Dessert Bread

This banana bread is so sweet and delicious, you really don’t need to add any extras, but to boost the decadence level enjoy this bread with some softened butter spread on top.

This really is the bread recipe EVER!

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe

How to Make Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe

If you want to make some of my amazing bread, you’re going to need to have these delicious ingredients on hand.

  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 3 medium very ripe bananas, mashed
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 tablespoon milk
  • ½ cup butter, softened
  • ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
  • ½ cup granulated sugar, plus more for sprinkling
  • 2 eggs
  • ½ cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips, extra for the top

This is seriously the best chocolate chip banana bread recipe you’re ever going to try. The texture is perfect and the flavor is amazing. My husband requests that I make this bread all the time because it’s one of his favorite treats to have in the evening with a cup of coffee.

My kids also just plain love this recipe, especially when it shows up packed in their school lunches!

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe

I make this banana bread recipe in this 9 x 5 loaf pan.

This pan is my favorite for making this and many other bread recipes!

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe

Can I Make This Chocolate Chip Banana Bread into Muffins?

This is a resounding YES! Check out my banana chocolate chip muffins recipe for all the details on accomplishing this!

I hope you ADORE this amazing recipe as much as my family does! It’s a keeper, and trust me, your friends and family are going to be begging for this delicious recipe. :)

More Delicious Desserts

Ingredients

  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 3 medium very ripe bananas, mashed
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 tablespoon milk
  • ½ cup butter, softened
  • ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
  • ½ cup granulated sugar, plus more for sprinkling
  • 2 eggs
  • ½ cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips, extra for the top

Instructions

  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly spray a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
  2. In a small bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and the salt; set aside.
  3. In another bowl mash the bananas with a fork or a potato masher. Stir in the vanilla and the milk; set aside.
  4. Using an electric mixer cream together the sugars and the butter until light and fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time mixing well after each addition.
  5. Mix the banana mixture into the butter mixture just until combined. Mix in the dry ingredients.  Using a wooden spoon, gently stir in the chocolate chips.
  6. Pour the batter into the prepared bread pan. Lightly sprinkle the top with granulated sugar and add a few extra chips to the top, optional.
  7. Bake in the preheated oven for 65 to 70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
  8. Place on a rack to cool for 15 to 20 minutes, remove from the pan and cool completely before slicing.
Nutrition Information:
Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 336 Total Fat: 13g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 62mg Sodium: 373mg Carbohydrates: 52g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 28g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 5g

We participate in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

Post a Comment

0 Comments