Best Sweet Coleslaw Recipe - Restaurant Style Slaw


Friends, you’re never going to need another coleslaw recipe again. My mom makes the absolute best sweet coleslaw and I’m sharing her secret recipe with you today.

Best Sweet Coleslaw Recipe

Luckily, my mom isn’t super protective of her recipes. It didn’t take much arm twisting to get her to write her famous sweet coleslaw recipe down on an index card for me. I keep all of my favorite family recipes in a little tin recipe box and I was so happy to finally add this one to my collection.

Best Sweet Coleslaw Recipe | Restaurant Style Coleslaw | Easy Sweet Coleslaw

Restaurant Style Coleslaw

Coleslaw is one of those dishes that I sort of avoided as a kid. My grandma loved coleslaw and it was often on the family dinner table. I learned to love it when I became sort of hooked on the coleslaw at KFC and Frisch’s. I just love that sweet, restaurant-style coleslaw so much.

Of course, everyone loves coleslaw at family gatherings and cookouts, especially during the summer! You’re going to want to pin this fantastic sweet coleslaw recipe for easy retrieval when you need it. Or, you can jot it down on an index card and add it to your old school recipe box if you have one! :)

Best Sweet Coleslaw Recipe | Restaurant Style Coleslaw | Easy Sweet Coleslaw

This sweet coleslaw recipe is so simple to make. You start with a store-bought bag of slaw mix. You’re welcome to shred your own veggies, but this is such an easy solution and perfect for times when you need a tasty dish for a potluck.

Best Sweet Coleslaw Recipe | Restaurant Style Coleslaw | Easy Sweet Coleslaw

This coleslaw recipe is definitely on the sweeter side and it reminds me of coleslaw that I’ve had at some of my favorite restaurants like the ones I mentioned earlier!

It makes a great side dish, but this coleslaw is also a great topper for a pulled pork sandwich or even a hot dog. If you’ve never had coleslaw on a hot dog you’re missing out on something truly wonderful!

RELATED: Looking for more great summertime side dishes? Try our amazing classic potato salad recipe. It’s perfectly DELICIOUS! Also, my three bean salad or this unique dill pickle pasta salad are great bets.

Oh, and you can’t miss my favorite spaghetti salad recipe!

Best Sweet Coleslaw Recipe | Restaurant Style Coleslaw | Easy Sweet Coleslaw

I’m sort of picky about coleslaw and my mom’s recipe is truly the best I’ve ever had. I could eat a whole vat of this stuff which is why I usually try to pawn the leftovers off on someone else in the family when I take this to a cookout. Otherwise, I find myself at the refrigerator multiple times per day with a fork in my hand. Yikes. It’s just so yummy.

Be sure to let me know if you love my mom’s famous sweet coleslaw recipe as much as I do. I’ll be sure to pass along the feedback to her. :)

Ingredients

  • 1 ( 16 oz. bag) coleslaw mix
  • ⅔ cup mayonnaise
  • ⅓ cup white sugar
  • 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • ½ teaspoon celery seeds

Instructions

  1. In a medium bowl stir together the mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, salt and the celery seeds until well blended. Add the coleslaw mix and stir until well coated.
  2. Cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Information:
Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 127 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 6mg Sodium: 147mg Carbohydrates: 7g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 7g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 0g
Best Sweet Coleslaw Recipe | Restaurant Style Coleslaw | Easy Sweet Coleslaw

We participate in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

Post a Comment

0 Comments